Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, January 26, 2015

My Great Great Grandpa gave me Strength



Hey you good looking people-
I'm writing at the end of another miraculous week.  I told you once before that before we fall asleep we share the miracle we saw for that day, it's amazing to me at the close of each day I feel that I could go on and on about the miracles.  It's  always difficult to only choose one to share.  I feel so blessed to be a part of this work.
Fist day of really good weather.....we had a picnic:)
Sister Chidesters Birthday dinner
I have had a few really great experiences while doing family history this week.  I was writing down all of the names on our family tree and It's so neat to see our relation to Hyrum Smith and his mother Lucy Mack Smith. I had been reading verses in D&C about them- if you go on to lds.org it will show you your relation to Joseph Smith then it will show all the records and stories about those ancestors- y'all need to check it out. 

I was  reading a conference talk by President Eyering called The Caregiver and it talked a lot about Lucky Mack Smith! read that talk too :) I was so uplifted and inspired by her words.
There was a really rainy day this week and my knees were giving me a bit of grief and I came home to a package from mom with history of LeGrand Richards inside.  That night as I was icing my knees I read about his physical trials and the desire he had to always serve.  He had so much faith in the priesthood power and he never let his physical limitations hold him back.  I felt like he was speaking directly to me.  My great great grandpa gave me the strength, encouragement, and comfort that I needed on that particular night. I felt so blessed.
"no one comes to the earth like grass- we come like trees- we all have roots"
and we have some incredibly strong roots.  I am so grateful for our valiant ancestors and the fact that I get to learn from them and be blessed because of their decisions they made so long ago.
W is such a special investigator.  He is so anxious to be baptized and to covenant with God to always follow Him.  He shared something that I loved yesterday.  He said that He was praying and realized that God wants to be your "first call" when something good happens, not only for the difficult and hard things- but he's our loving Father and wants to hear from us in our happiest moments.  Its something I've always known, but I loved the way he said it.  I love that I get to learn everyday from the people I interact with.
Cutest kids!
Sister Chidester and I fasted for a particular investigator on Sunday.  We asked for assistance in helping her move forward toward baptism, she is just waiting to be baptized. 
We were very specific in our prayer and it was the sweetest experience.  We taught B and everything we prayed for came to pass in the lesson.  She said things, before us even mentioning it.  The spirit was incredibly strong and I just know that our Father in Heaven wants to bless us, and wants to help us.  Sometimes we just need to ask the right things, or exercise enough faith, I am so grateful for His constant companionship through the Holy Ghost.
Josh!   Mom and Dad told me the story you shared about me in church and it melted my heart- how are you already writing talks on your own?! I can't even do that.  You are amazing and you are already an incredible missionary.  I look up to you little brother. I LOVE YOU
I love this gospel.  with everything I am, a woman said to me yesterday that she has never seen someone look so genuinely happy as I do. hahaha I feel so genuinely happy.  I love testifying of my Savior daily and seeing His life touch the lives of other.  It’s the happiest gospel and work to be a part of.
Love y'all soo much
Love always,

Sister Welling





The missionaries in our district sang at the Ward Chili cook off "Called to serve" ha

Having a little fun:)

Our life lately.................


No comments:

Post a Comment