Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, January 5, 2015

First week in Georgia



Hello my sweet family,
Wow, what a week! The first day here, I'm pretty sure I was only smiles.  Turns out being a new missionary is easier the second time :)

I feel an even greater love and excitement for the work.  I truly realize this time is a gift, and I know how quickly it gets taken away so I committed to do my very best to learn every lesson that I can, bear my testimony as frequently as possible, and to internalize the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my life. It's so cool that I get to be back at this again.

I am serving with Sister Frandsen and Chidester.. I have been put in as a Sister Training Leader with them.  They are some of the very best missionaries I have ever met.  I have been so impressed by their exact obedience and for their love for the work.  They are positive and upbeat and EXTREMELY hard working.  I feel very blessed to have this opportunity to learn from the best.

We had the opportunity to train at the leadership meeting-- a 6 hour meeting holy cow-- but it was so neat.  I loved learning from the leaders of the mission.  What I have been most impressed with in the Georgia Macon mission is the love.  The love the mission president has for the missionaries, the love the missionaries have for each other, and the love the members have for the work.  

I am currently serving in a group-- a group that is working towards becoming a branch.  We meet in a conference center and everyone knows everyone.  In sharing fast and testimony meeting I was so touched at the authenticity and sincerity of the members.  The group feels like family.  .. I feel so lucky to be a part of it!

Something I love that my companions and I do every night after we turn out the lights is  share a miracle from the day.  I always go to bed smiling at the hand of the Lord in my life and in the missionary work-- ya'll should try doing this, it brings the neatest spirit :)

This mission is completely different than my last but I its neat how serving in the Philippines prepared me for serving in Georgia. 

I am very very happy.  and it feels so good to be back at the work.  

The gospel is true and I love you!

Love Always,
Sister Welling



Jenna's district.  She said they were all such awesome missionaries!

Jenna with Sister Frandsen and Sister Chidaster..she loves her companions!



The AP's brought her a welcome package:)..




There is only a "group" in her area that is working on becoming a "branch"  They meet here each Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment