Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, January 12, 2015

"I Am So Blessed To Be A Missionary"












Hey y'all :)

We had some of the best lessons this week.. I think it’s pretty incredible how I leave each lesson feeling so enlightened, whether it was from the person we were teaching, my companions, or a thought that entered my mind.  I love being an instrument of the Lord-- I feel very humbled at the fact that He is willing to use me.
We are teaching the most elect investigators right now- I wish I could go through and tell you about each lesson. 
Wayne is preparing for baptism-- we had a lesson on Baptism and Confirmation
D&C 20:37- Wayne responded- baptism is promising, committing, and cleansing. I loved that.
Ms. Hoyt is also preparing for baptism- in her prayer this week she said "I can't wait to be baptized and become a Sister missionary like them" -- it made us all smile :)

Going on Exchanges!
I feel really lucky that I get to be a part of exchanges and working with other missionaries, this week I got to work with Sister Tevi- she goes home this transfer.  I learned so much from her, she taught me a lot about "not fearing man" but always striving to please God.  Because she does this she is bold in testifying the truth.  She was so cool, I loved working with her.

I love attending church every Sunday and hearing from the members- I have a vision of growth.. but I have to admit I love the small members numbers right now.  Every single person plays an important role, and there's such a feeling of loss when someone is missing.  We know each other, love each other, and look out for each other. Just how the church is supposed to be.
It’s been neat for me to learn from these faithful members- almost every person there has been converted to the gospel later in life.  I love when they tell about their conversion stories. Sister Grigsby spoke yesterday and said that she went through three sets of missionaries before she finally "got in the water" She said something that I loved.. "those people loved me right into the gospel". my goal is to be a missionary like that- love people right into the happiness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

"What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same"

We had the opportunity to hear from our Apostle Elder Anderson, there is nothing quite like being instructed by a leader of the church and feeling their love surround the missionaries, and the missionary work.  It was one of the most incredible meetings I had ever been to. Something that I really liked that he kept repeating was to look at missionary work from an eternal perspective-- we will not see all the fruits from our labors- and we will never be able to know of the good we do.  Our work is not limited to this life-- often times we will not be able to see those we teach enter the waters of baptism in this life, but we can continue to prepare them for the other side.  He continually repeated that every single thing we do has an eternal significance. 

I am so blessed to be a missionary.  Elder Anderson stated that our missionary badge will forever be a badge of honor.  He looked at us and said "you are His servant, He will bless you".  
I have felt Him blessing me every moment of every day, I love my Savior Jesus Christ whose truest servant I am striving to be 

I am as happy as I have ever been- and I really am not just saying that. I have never been so focused on the work before and I just love my companions, the missionaries, mission president, investigators, and ward members for showing me how to give 100% to the Lord.  I am so grateful for Him and for having this opportunity.  
It’s the greatest thing :)
I know I am here for a reason
I LOVE ALL OF YOU 

Love always,

Sister Welling


Moroni 7:45-47 replace the word "charity" with the "Atonement"
"The Atonement is not a part of the gospel, it IS the gospel".
https://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment