Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Finally Feel Like A True Southerner"






Hello my dear family!

I was reading in Preach my Gospel this week the first page- it is the letter from the First Presidency and it reads
’ We compliment you on the great opportunity you have to be a missionary". 
 I looked up the word opportunity in the dictionary and by definition it says
1. a favorable combination of circumstances, time, and place.
2. A chance for advancement.

I loved that, I truly feel I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing. and everything I am doing is helping me become better, and its helping me help others do the same.  The mission I am now serving is the best opportunity I have ever been given.  I feel so humbled and blessed to be serving as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :)

I couldn't believe I hit my one month mark on the 29th!!  I can't believe how quickly time is passing.. 
On that very day Sister Chidester and I went to visit a former investigator to find him not at home.  We were leaving when I noticed two men working in their yard across the street.  My companion and I kept walking to our car and I felt a continual tug to go and talk to the two men.  Finally as we were about to get in the car I stopped being stubborn and suggested to my companion that we head over.  We met D.J. and Wash and shared the message of the restoration with them.  We invited them to be baptized and they both accepted.  Wash kept saying "I really needed this.. I really needed this" and he was so sincere.  I couldn't help but think how long Wash would have had to wait to hear of the gospel if I had just gotten into my car like I had originally wanted to do. 
We have already met with them two more times and they seem just as excited about keeping commitments and learning more than they were in the first meeting-- its incredible how the Lord is preparing people everywhere.. I'm so determined to find them :)

Stake Conference was incredible this week.  Elder Zwick and Elder Parker came to set apart the new Stake Presidency. 
Something that was shared that I really loved was in Mark 10:12-14 when Christ is blessing the children. The speaker said that there is no doubt the ones bringing the children to Christ were the parents.  The parents were the ones taking their children to the Savior, so He could touch them.  he said, that needs to be our purpose, to lead our children to the Savior to be touched. We need to teach our children to have the desire, the testimony, and the courage to come unto Him.  He said that in our homes "we need more experiences with the sacred and we need to make them more simple" .. the most important thing we put deep into the hearts of the children is the testimony of Christ. 
how beautiful is that?

Elder Zwick said that it is not enough to just pray and ponder but we also need to prune as well :) we need to be willing to change everyday. 
I love that this gospel is a gospel of change.

Our investigator Wayne was interviewed for baptism this weekend and President Fussel had us sit in at the beginning of the interview which was really neat. He talked about the parable the Savior taught "the first shall be last and the last shall be first" .. the workers in the Vineyard.  He said that we are all equal in the gospel.  and that Wayne knows enough and that he is right where he needs to be.  The spirit was so strong in the meeting and Wayne is so eager to be baptized which is so neat to see.  He said to us that the LDS church is no lazy man's church :) -- isn't that the truth?! I'm grateful that it keeps us busy with so many good things, keeps us in line :)

I had grits this week and loved them- I finally feel like a true southerner
I have bruised knuckles from knocking on doors- I finally feel like a true missionary :)
I am getting real good at my Yes Sir, and No Ma'm
all the billboards here are incredibly tall to reach over the trees
I love using y'all :)
exchanges were awesome this week- I had the opportunity to work with Sister Christensen- I love learning from other missionaries
and I love y'all.  Thank you for all of your support. We are blessed to have this gospel in our lives. so blessed. 
I testify that there is the most sincere joy in trying to become more like our Savior.  I testify that there is so much peace as we come to understand the relationship we have with our Heavenly Father and feel of His perfect love for us.  I testify that we will feel hope and a sense of purpose as we begin to understand His plan for us. 

the church is true and I love you!

Love Always,
Sister Welling


it was POURING rain last night.. we were knocking on everyone's doors and they all thought we were crazy to be out in the dark and the rain and during the super bowl.
we told them our message is THAT good :)


No comments:

Post a Comment