Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, January 25, 2015

1/20/15

 Dear Family,


Thanks for your sweet letters!  I ALWAYS love hearing from you
I sent off something for your birthday Mom.  I hope you get or got it!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. I had so much fun writing your birthday letter and just reflecting on everything I love about you. I sure am grateful you were born!!!
https://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gifhttps://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif
I was studying my Patriarchal Blessing the other day and this sentence really hit my heart-- "you will be blessed with the ability to continue to show your love to others, that as you feel for their needs and you apply yourself to assisting them to attain their goals your own testimony will be strengthened in preparing you for the blessings that are yet to come".
I feel so much love for the people I am serving with and around at this time.  I love being an instrument in the Lords hand as I get to help them come closer unto Christ.  Ms. H cried at the end of our lesson yesterday saying, "I just feel so much better about myself, I just feel so much better about my life and where it is going".  I love being a part of others journey in finding who they were meant to be.  Helping them find the happiness and peace that has been designed for them.  It’s amazing how I feel my testimony being strengthened as I serve in the beautiful Forsyth Georgia.  Every day is the sweetest blessing.  I can't say it enough.

I had the opportunity to switch places with Sister Schmidt for the day this week :) I loved working with Sister Smith and being able to learn from her.. 
Jenna and our cute neighbor Sister Schmidt.  Jen said Annie is a wonderful missionary!
I was a little nervous going on my first exchange alone but it was an incredible experience.  I love getting to know the Sisters in the mission and I had so much fun with Sister Smith.  The people in that area love Sister Schmidt, wow.  Each home I went in to they talked about her goodness, the way she can truly sympathize with others and how she just shines with love, happiness, and goodness. 
Amen to that.

We had amazing first lessons this week-- I'm telling you Forsyth is soo prepared.  I am serving in the best county in all the world.  I can't wait for our group to become a ward :) I really love first lessons with investigators, we had four commit for baptism.  And all talked about how they felt good and peaceful about what we shared-- its so cool to see people's hearts' touched, I love when they recognize it comes from God.  I love doing what I do :)

A member from the group came and worked with us this week-- she is so valiant, she is the gospel principles teacher and she is the only member in all her family.  She is so full of love for others and the gospel-- when she dropped us off at the end of the evening she thanked us and said "this is the most fun I've had in quite a while.  .. this is the closest thing I've had to a date in quite a while.." ... "oh, you girls too?!" hahahaha rubbing it in that we can't date. She's the cutest

We got the instruction this week in a meeting regarding our investigators, that we need to "be their partner in change"
I loved that- that's what we all need to be doing-- partnering up with others to help them change for the better, and work on changing ourselves for the better.  I love that this gospel is one of change.

The missionaries really run sacrament meeting for the group- Elder Higgins and Sister Chidester spoke and then all five of the missionaries sang "I Know that My Redeemer Lives" the spirit was so strong.  and the high councilmen got up as the concluding speaker, and with tears in his eyes said "there is something so special about worthy young people" I sat there so grateful that we are all here- doing what we are doing- that we play such a large role, in such a big plan, at such a young age. pretty cool stuff- huh?

Sister Frandsen got transferred  to Savannah.  A WHOLE LOT of tears have been shed the past few days.  She will be very missed.
Last time this threesome would be together as companions.
I am so relieved to be staying in Forsyth with Sister Chidester- I realized that i'll probably serve a Forsyth mission-- I could be here the whole time and wouldn't mind it one bit :)

Romans 15:4
John 15:12-13
Ether 12:33-34
Moroni 7:6

I love you all, I hope you know that :) I love this gospel and I am so grateful for the gift of my testimony.  I know with everything that I am that my Redeemer lives.  What comfort that sweet sentence gives :) I will continue to share that for the rest of my life.

The church is true and I love you!

Love Always,
Sister Welling







Jen said W their investigator is one of the most incredible people she has ever know.

The missionaries that run the "group" meeting each Sunday.  Last Sunday they will be serving together. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment