Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Feel So Blessed to Know the Mission I am on is a Lifelong Calling


July 1, 2014
https://blu169.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif



Hello to the people I love most,

There's so much to say, always. I'm going to have to ask Pres if he'll give me a day to write instead on an hour?
But until then, we'll get down to business. Because the time is ticking :)
I have felt this overwhelming gratitude in my heart all week.  And so much of it because I get to call you people family.  
I spend so much time on my knees trying to clumsily express my feelings of gratitude to my Heavenly Father.  I'm grateful He understands my heart, because my words don't do any justice.

Well, I have to say, this area fits just like my favorite pair of jeans (which probably don't even fit me anymore ;)) but thats besides the point)
What I'm trying to say is that I love it here.
I love the ward.
the investigators.
the recent converts.
the less actives.
the lessons.
the people.
the people.
my companion.
my companion.
my kabahay.
the ward missionaries. 
the members.
and everything else in between.

We taught Noel, a recent convert last Monday about the Holy Ghost.  Sister Osumo told a quote by Elder Christensen stating that before this life there were two great reasons we accepted the plan of Salvation and had the desire to come to earth.  First, our knowledge about our Savior and His atonement on our behalf and the second reason was the knowledge we received about the role of the Holy Ghost- to be our constant companion.  I testified to Brother Noel about the role and importance of the Holy Ghost.  I talked a lot about the importance of our personal worthiness to receive all the blessings of the Holy Ghost.  When we were finished with the lesson Noel said to me.. woah- you have the Holy Ghost with you when you teach.  I can't look away or stop listening, I just know, and feel that your words are the truth- coming from Him.  (I wish you knew Noel because the way he said it made us all start laughing so hard. he was just blown away haha it was hilarious)
I would be just like any other nineteen year old girl,.. any other teacher.. from any other religion.. if I didn't have the Holy Ghost with me.  If I didn't teach with the spirit and have the spirit testify through me. 
We taught Sister Veronica about baptism and confirmation.  I've never seen anyone with such a sincere and pure desire to be baptized.   She has the complete faith and knowledge that through her baptism she will become new.  that the Savior will heal  and let her start anew.  I, along with her, can't wait until June 21 :)

Just yesterday I sat down for a lesson with a man and all he wanted to do was tell me all the reasons he didn't believe in our church and wouldn't believe in our church.  for as passive aggressive as I am..and a hater of contention. ha I had never felt such a stir in my heart, especially when he spoke against the Book of Mormon.  
I didn't argue but I bore a testimony of what I knew to be true- and I felt that promise repeated in D&C that the "angels were bearing me up" I had never felt the spirit as powerfully as I did then. This gospel, the Book of Mormon, are so close to my heart and I will defend it until the day that I die. I know this gospel is perfect. and it has all the answers, and any honest seeker of truth will come to know for themselves that the fullness of the gospel is on the earth today. 

I keep thinking how amazing it is the rate you are able to truly love people on your mission.  I feel as if I had known all of these people for years.  I care so much for each person we have lessons with each day. Its the coolest feeling and nothing else compares.

I love the way Sister Osumo and I teach together. We get one another and always seem to be on the same page.  We have so much vision for our area and are setting hard goals, which I'm so excited about.

Family I want to tell you about each investigator, I wish I had time. just  know, that I am working with individuals who have been so prepared! who are blessing my life.

I have already been invited to three homes to celebrate my birthday.. and its still three weeks away..

Sister Dalalia is an incredible doctor, she has us over for dinner every thursday and she was talking to me about how I have been feeling, she has been looking at my MRI's .. she's so sweet and taking on a motherly role, she started crying when I told her what has been happening.  
My district, without me knowing, held a fast for me on Saturday.  
Sunday I cried because I felt so good, and it made me realize how much pain I had been in.. 
I believe in fasting and prayer.. 
my companion fasted Sunday as well for me.. and after her second fast she told me she knew I was going to be okay, and I had the confirmation as well.
I'm so grateful for each challenge I have been experienced.. and will experience.  I'm learning to rely on my Savior and His strength.  He didn't only suffer for our sins, but for our shortcomings, our weaknesses, our illness, and our hurt.  I have felt His love and His care with each step.
I know that Heavenly Fathers love and knowledge is perfect and when I rely on, and trust Him - I have no reason to fear or feel worried.  I am always in His hands, and what better place to be? :)

I'm curious if these habits I've picked up here will stick when I return home.. like eating everything with a spoon.. a spoon in the right hand and a fork in the left to help scoop things into the spoon. ha
If I'll continue putting baby powder on my face six times a day
or always walk with an umbrella
or use "po" at the beginning and end of each sentence, even if I'm speaking in English
guess we'll see?

Well family, I love you! 
Sister Norva and Sister Veronica will be baptized this Saturday, they are so prepared and I know that their conversion is sincere.  I'm learning so much through their testimonies. 

I know that the church is on the earth today in its fullness.  That through the prophet Joseph Smith God restored His priesthood power to the earth.  I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood in my life.  I know that the book of Mormon is the word of God and that it is another testament of our Savior Jesus Christ.
I love the Lord Jesus Christ, whose servant I am trying to be.

I love you all!
the church is true, and our God is one of miracles!

I feel so blessed to know that the mission I'm on is a lifelong calling :) I love being a missionary.

Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment