Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, February 11, 2015



Dear Family,


It was such a special week this week.  I'm so lucky to be serving a mission in the Georgia Macon Mission.

A vital part of our Heavenly Father's work is to draw each of His children, one by one, back into His presence.  I love that our message has always been, and will always be a timeless message of hope and salvation; and that it is personal.

I love in the scriptures how it states more than once if we bring but one person into the gospel how great shall be our joy.  

W's baptism this week was so special.  Family I sincerely felt that joy promised in the scriptures, the pure joy for Brother W, and even though it was only him who was baptized on Saturday I pretty much felt like all of Georgia was getting baptized.  Its so cool to feel this way and just imagine what our Father in Heaven feels, how much He loves this one individual.

Brother Phillips our group leader spoke on Baptism and Elder Poti one of the assistant’s  spoke on the Holy Ghost (when our planned speaker wasn't able to make it last minute)
after W was baptized he sat down in front of us (he has a really bad leg and so couldn't stand) and bore his testimony
He said "this is the happiest day of my life" he said when we first came over he wanted us to teach his daughter-- but he said it took him a little while to realize that he was the one that needed the message.  He said that at first he would make up excuses of why he couldn't make it to church and now he wouldn't miss it- and he even gets his two grand kids up and ready to babysit them there.  He talked about how he has come to know of the love of God.  and how good He truly is.  He spoke of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and how God speaks to him through it.  He said he can't wait to share the gospel with anyone who will listen to him.

his testimony was one of the most genuine and sincere I have ever heard, W


will be the absolute best addition to our group.  He is the most passionate missionary.  and will be a wonderful Priesthood leader.

We had our missionary leadership conference this week- so all the leaders in the missions get together and are instructed.  It is a six hour meeting and I always learn a lot, and leave wanting to be a better missionary.  I love how much trust President puts into us and how the mission feels like a really good team.  We're really focusing on setting goals and setting the how behind them.  I know its something I could improve at- setting goals and always striving 100% to achieve them.

Dinner at a members home.  It was so beautiful!
We went on exchanges this week and the sister I worked with is going through a hard time, I couldn't help but to feel a little inadequate to give her advice and guidance.  I had the thought.. I was never trained for this! ha then I thought about dad, and how people come to him on the daily- with things I'm sure he was never specifically trained for.  But dad has always showed his faith and reliance on the Lord and the spirit.  Because the Lord knows perfectly what each of us needs- and sometimes we get to be the instruments to help in any way that we can.

I spoke in church yesterday on virtue- I love virtue.  Virtuous individuals stand out from everyone else.  They have that purity within them that shines out.  Virtue begins in your inner most thoughts and desires.  "watch your thoughts they become your words watch your words they become your actions watch your actions they become your destiny" have virtuous thoughts not only patterns what we will do but it will pattern the outcome of our life.  

The bishop shared a story yesterday that I loved- He talked about his friend who was on his farm with his girlfriend and they had a new colt they were training to lead.  (something like that) and he was trying to impress her and went out and for twenty minutes tried to pull the horse and the horse would respond with a tug a war and the eventually the horse would just fall over.  
then the girlfriend took over to show him how it was done :) and she went and took the horse and walked beside it-- in about thirty minutes he was leading and obeying her
sometimes we want to fix or "help" people by just pulling.  telling them to do something, how to do it, and then we get frustrated when they don't respond the way that we want.
but often times its going to take that patience, standing beside, and walking with them to truly help.

That's how the Savior works with us.

I love my Savior Jesus Christ, with all of my heart.  I love doing His work.

The church is true and I love all of you! :)

Love always, 
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment