Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

"It was one of my Favorite Experiences thus far on my Mission"



Oh the missionary life......

Dear Family,

Well it was an incredible week…  It was a little discouraging and completely exhausting but most importantly it was still full of happiness.

Something weird happened this week where all of our progressing investigators had one reason or another that they had to stop meeting with us. Mostly because they talked to their family.. or friends.. or preacher.  It was hard on Sister Chidester and I of course.  Especially when they have felt the spirit and have found truth and peace in the message.  It’s so hard when you care so much for these people and want them to experience all of the blessings of the gospel.  However,  I always know after the work has been hard miracles are coming!


We know that there are others who are prepared and waiting, and we are determined to find them :) We have been knocking a whole lot of doors- which always gives funny stories for the day-
lots of slammed doors and "we've already been saved" 
Last night was raining and FREEZING and every single appointment fell through.  So we were just knocking on peoples doors in the dark and no one would let us in.  Sister Chidester and I would just do really funny things from door to door dance.. or make jokes to keep our spirits up. It ended up being such a funny night

 We love meeting new people, and we have met some amazing individuals that I can't wait to see again.  

I felt overwhelmed by ALL the love I unwrapped in that package I was sent- holy cow I was blessed with the very best family and friends.  I don't know what I did to deserve such loving, incredible people in my life.  I was so touched, and felt so spoiled. 
THANK YOU to everyone! 
Our neighbor gave us a Valentine surprise!  It really was the sweetest thing

It sounds like the Homecoming was amazing, doesn’t surprise me at all!!  I feel so privileged to have made the Beyer board! :)


This week Sister Chidester got sick-- the day we were supposed to give our Zone trainings she was up all night with a fever and throwing up. so I got to spend the day taking care of her.  I love being the caretaker and trying to remember all the things mom and dad do to "make everything better". Its a sweet experience being able to completely serve someone.  I loved it
but then.. of course after taking care of her I had it by that evening.. haha but we made a quick recovery!


I gave a training this morning on charity and love.  It was one of my favorite experiences thus far on my mission.  I felt that the training was just for me.  As I studied for it I felt overwhelmed by the love of my Savior.  I spent so long in the bathroom this morning praying that I might be able to say what the Elders and Sisters needed most and that I could be directed by the spirit.  I felt so blessed because my training went in a completely different direction than I had planned but I knew that it was the Spirit intervening.  I was reminded of my farewell talk-- that I have been called to SERVE.  I love serving the people in Georgia because I get to feel the love of my Savior expand.  

We had an incredible lesson with a less active who for months and months has refused to read the Book of Mormon.  This week we had a powerful lesson on Joseph Smith and the Restoration- and how because of the Book of Mormon we get to know our Savior.  She committed to read 3 Nephi 17 about the Savior ministering to the people in the America's.  This is a huge deal :) pray for Sister Upshaw

I wrote in my Journal this Sunday about our group and wanted to share a little bit with you so you can get to know them a little better :)

" I love Sunday's and meeting with the group in the small Holiday Conference center.  I love hugging sweet Sister Champion and her sister, Sister Jackson as they come through the doors with their walkers.  I love Brother Phillips firm handshake...  I love how every week Sister Hammond tells me that I need to move to Georgia after my mission and marry her son because she needs me as her daughter.  I love the screaming and the running around of T and T.. because that means Sister D made the decision to come to church-- even when she is struggling to find her testimony.  I love the light Wayne and Tremaine- our newest members bring to the meetings.  I love Sister S, her laughter, her dimples, her open arms and sincere heart.  I love how the lessons she teaches in Gospel Principles mean so much to her.  I love the spirit she brings., how nervous she gets, and the way she touches others.  I love my group family.  I love the way they welcome our investigators.  They are so involved and incredible member missionaries. "

I sincerely love my group.
On March 1st we are moving to a three hour block which is a huge deal!  We are adding priesthood and relief society! That means we finally have enough people attending.

--- love you all so much!! Have an amazing week!  Can we write more handwritten letters?! LOVE YOU

Love always,

Sister Welling



I love these homes!!  Georgia is Beautiful!




Elder Poti's Birthday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment