Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Church is True!







(No Subject)

 
4/06/15
 
 

Dear Family.

I don't think there could be any greater blessing than celebrating Easter, and watching General Conference.  I felt that I was on cloud nine all week.  What a special weekend it truly was.  
yesterday morning for my studies I read talk after talk on the Atonement-- I think my companion was incredibly worried about me because I could not stop crying. ha. (she thinks its hilarious) but learning more of my Savior and reflecting on His sacrifice for each of us fills me with the purest deepest emotion.  Its amazing how I come to love Him more every. single. day.  
last night we were in a lesson with our sweet investigator Connie, at the end of the lesson I was bearing my testimony of the Savior and I stated in my testimony "I love Him".. she then looked at me and she said quietly, "I know you do".  
I pray everyone I come in contact with will be able to feel of the love I have for my dear Elder Brother, my Redeemer, and my Savior. I pray that they will want to come closer to Him

"live your life in such a way that those who don't know you, but know Jesus Christ, will want to know you because they know Jesus Christ".

After listening to Elder Brent H. Nielson's talk yesterday it made me think of a less active we have been working with since I got on my mission.  I loved how Elder Nielson talked about loving. watching. waiting. and praying.  
Sister Upshaw really was not interested at all when I came into the area, the sisters had been visiting her for a few months but she said the only reason she joined the church was because of her son and because she wanted to quit smoking.  She told us that God told her not to read the Book of Mormon and every time we gave her a commitment she responded- "no". no sugar coating or anything, she was firm in her no's  :) 
One of my companions asked if we could "drop" teaching this less active sister (the term we use with investigators who are not progressing, we stop teaching them so that we can find others who are prepared) I kept thinking about "rescuing the one" and the fact she hadn't told us to stop coming-- 
so we have continued to visit her.  I have spent Sundays fasting for her and spent many days on my knees praying for her and what would help soften her heart to the gospel.  
A few weeks back I felt strongly as we were preparing for her lesson to teach family history to her.
well she absolutely loved it and every time we stopped by since she has done more family history work and has stories to tell us.  That lesson lead to temples, temple work and binding the family for all eternity.  We have given her reading assignments in the Book of Mormon and she has been keeping them! She happily watched General Conference this weekend and felt the spirit that came from hearing the messages our Father in Heaven would have us hear.
she is becoming happier.. and she is making decisions that are bringing her closer to the Savior.  It truly has been the coolest thing to see.  It took quite a few months.. and it took really praying for her, thinking of her, not giving up on her.. asking about her family.. and showing our love.. showing her she wasn't simply a "less-active lesson" to mark off for our goals for the day. It took "watching, waiting, praying, and loving" 

This gospel is so good and I know without a doubt the Savior wants each of His children watched out for. Our Father loves each of us-- the beautiful theme in Conference.. the beautiful theme in the gospel.. the beautiful theme in His eternal Plan.

The church is true! and I love telling others about it!

-We got another companion, Sister Anderson! She began her mission in Forsyth which has been so cool because we have been able to find past investigators! she goes home in a week.  It has been so fun to have her with us.

The work is going great :) Shirley will be baptized the 18th.  I love her sooo much

all is just so good. I always wish I had more time to write to tell you everything.
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment