Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, April 18, 2015

March 30, 2015

I heard the quote this week "you can't have a break though until you have a break down" 
I really liked it.  And I love how the Lord will test and try all of us, to help us become humble, so He can exercise His strength through us.  That is when miracles happen.  I have such a testimony that miracles do occur after "our break downs" or the trials of our faith.
soo... I am kind of running out of time.
but it was an AMAZING week. full of miracles as always.  I wish I could write down every detail. Like how we lost something and looked for about twenty minutes for it until we realized we hadn't said a prayer- we prayed and then bam found it immediately how our investigator watched women's conference and the question she brought was how she could better strengthen her family.. and thats what the ENTIRE meeting was on how our other investigator thought women's conference was strange because the choir wasn't wearing robes-- and no one shouted from the pulpit. we have been having amazing lessons, seeing so much progress, and meeting wonderful new people here's my letter I wrote to president

Dear President Cottle,
It was another great week in Forsyth.
S is preparing for baptism and has been progressing wonderfully. She has faithfully been reading from the Book of Mormon, studying the pamphlets, and attending church. Sunday morning came and Sister Fullerton and I had the impression we needed to fast for her. We were surprised when she wasn't at church and went to meet with her later that afternoon. She told us that she wanted to put off the baptism. We spent time speaking with her and trying to learn of her concern, after some time she opened up to some opposition she had faced from family and friends. They had told her untrue things about the church and our practices. We were able to have a wonderful lesson with her and resolve all of her concerns. At the end of the lesson she cried and she said she wanted to schedule the baptism again-- and that she knew that everything we have taught has been true because she has continued to pray about it.
I am so grateful that we had been fasting for Shirley, I knew we needed that extra spiritual strength to resolve her concerns and to help her recognize her own testimony and strengthen it. I have found over and over again that when we are on the right path that is when the opposition gets the strongest, I am grateful for that oppositition because it tests us and strengthens us if we let it.
I went on exchanges with Sister Bradford in Cochoran this week. She and Sister Smith are doing very well. I am always impressed with Cochoran when I have the opportunity to go there-- the ward is such a missionary minded ward. Sister Bradford shared that one of their strongest key indicators is Referrals. The members and the missionaries truly do work together, just as it should be.
Sister Bradford set a goal to be utilize their desire to be involved in prayerfully planning member presents.
She also set the goal to give "will you" commitments. By doing so, the individual gives a yes or a no and it will help them or progress, or learn their concern.
Sister Bradfords goal for the exchange was to work on Charity. She has a lot of love for the work and for the people. Something I appreciated about her teaching is the way she was constantly sharing the love of the Savior and Heavenly Father to each person we taught. She let them feel of their individual worth and I know when individuals better understand who they are they will better understand Heavenly Father's plan and have more desire to live it.
I really enjoyed the exchange and learned a lot from Sister Bradford.
I have seen so much growth in Sister Fullerton over the past few weeks, she is beginning to feel more and more confidant in talking to others and her faith to be bold and speak up has made for more spiritual and powerful lessons this week.

I am so grateful to be a part of this work and how setting specific goals has helped Sister Fullerton and I push ourselves and act in greater faith. We really do feel more motivated each week and it is empowering. I know that we can become exactly who the Lord wants us to become by setting goals and consistently evaluating and improving each day. I know without a doubt that He can and WILL make our weaknesses become strengths as we turn to Him and rely on His Atonement. how empowering. I love my Savior Jesus Christ whose servant I am trying to be.
Have a wonderful week President!

Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment