Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, June 9, 2014

I AM A CITY GIRL NOW!!

WEEK THIRTY-ONE



Hello my sweet family,
I always sit down with a desire to share absolutely everything going on in my life. I wish if only for a day you could be here seeing and experiencing what I am.  

I hope a few of my journal entries from this week will do some justice. you might find a reoccurring word..
BLESSED.

June 3
Saying goodbye to Tatay Reynaldo
I'm not quite sure where to begin this one.  The last few days have felt a little whirl-wind life.  So many incredible experiences that I wish I could perfectly capture on paper.  Tuesday morning I received the phone call that I would be transferring.  I would be leaving my home in Taytay, my home for the past six months sa buhay ko.  I felt every emotion a girl could feel in a very quick 24 hours.  Sister Dimacuta and I spent the day packing, getting everything ready to go and saying a whole lot of goodbyes.  Nobody warned me about this part of the mission, I felt like my heart was ripped out and stomped all over, a little dramatic, I know. :) but I hope to get the point across that it hurt real bad.  My night was filled with tears to say the least.  Taty Reynaldo began to cry as he held on to my hands and continued saying miss ko kayo.  We drank soft drinks and ate cookies in front sa bahay niya for the last time.  I cried in our final prayer together and hesitated looking back to see him crying over the wall, we promised to write.  I dreaded walking into the home of the Ignacio family.. so many evening spent in the presence of their warmness.  kindness.  and love.  That sweet family had become my family away from home.  I loved them as my own :)  I stood at the door of Mary Gold and told her that I would be leaving. She fell into my arms and cried harder than I've ever seen anyone cry before.  We held on to each other, I thought maybe holding on to her would keep us together a little longer.. The tears said everything we couldn't.  I think we helped one another get to know our Savior better.  I know we were put into one anothers' lives for a reason.  That our relationship and friendship didn't begin in this life and I know that it will not end now.  
Lots of tears parting with the members of the ward.
However, even with this knowledge I had the most difficult goodbye I have ever had.
I then said goodbye to the Turdanes family, Naomie, and Sarah.
Saying goodbye helped me understand how much of my heart was invested in the people and the work in Taytay.  It almost made me feel like I had done my part here.  I will continue to thank my Heavenly Father for these experiences and these people that He gave me.  This transfer was my most difficult yet, but with that being sid it was the happiest and most rewarding. Alma 26

June 5
I am now a city girl.  Quezon City, Quirino 2nd ward.  I am follow up training Sister Osumo from Singapore.  I already miss Taytay but I'm surprised by how at home I already feel here.  I have already seen so many blessings and tender mercies coming from my Heavenly Father.  A large one of those being my companion.  She has a kindness and easiness about her.  It has only been two days but I have already learned so much through her example.  I feel so blessed.

June 6
Today I felt and saw the tender mercies of my Heavenly Father.  Sister Madina and my Nay- Sister Sabiano surprise visited to work with us and be a member present.  I felt so at home teaching with Sister Sabiano.  I was reminded of how blessed I was to have had the opportunity to learn and be trained by her.  I've never known a more powerful teacher.  We taught Sister Norva and Sister Brenda.  Both of which have baptismal dates set for June 21.  However, they came to the lesson with many concerns and questions about tithing.  In tears, they explained they would be unable to follow this commandment because they did not have the means , the para, to do so.  Sister Madina and Sister Sabiano testified of their personaly testimonies on tithing.. Returning from the mission with not a penny to their names.  mahirap talaga.  They spoke a lot about faith.  Norva said she had no problem patying tithing when and if she had the money.  Sister Sabiano asked if that was faith.  They'll pay tithing once they're comfortable. that's not trusting the Lord.  Faith is moving forward in obedience to His commandments, even if the road is dark.  Even if we don't know how to do it.  We stay trusting, we stay faith filled and He will help and bless us.  Norva and Brenda's hearts were softened and they commited to live the commandment.  I commited to myself to have more of the faith that was testified about.  I know Brenda and Norva needed the testimonies of Sister Madina and Sister Sabiano.  I know the Lord made today possible.  I love my job.

The Derricotts sent me so much medicine for my health.  I walked home from the office with a heart full of gratitude for so many incredible people placed in my life to bless and to help.  I'm so blessed

Back with my girl Sister Passey!
Sister Passey makes the best meals.  I feel like I have my closest friend and my mom here, ha its so fun to be reunited again.  She takes good care of me, and everyone.
Sister Osumo from Singapore

I love working with SIster Osumo- being with her is so comfortable and easy.  I have a feeling already she'll be one of my closest companions.

June 7
Yet another blessed day :)  We had a first lesson with Adrian, a man who has never gone to church or lived the gospel.  However, he has the desire to change his life.  He said He wants to change.  He wants to be a good example to his 19 year old son.  The spirit filled the lesson and I'm looking forward to his progression.
The rest of the morning was filled with "walang time.. we already have a religion.. next time na lang sisters.." so on and so forth.  The afternoon was spent with the work and the help of Sister Vicky and Brother Ivanne.  This ward is so strong.  The help and member presents are amazing.  Ivanne helped quiz me on Tagalog the entire time.  We also discussed our favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon and why.  I liked how he said his was 1 Nephi 2:15  My father dwelt in a tent.. My first reaction was to laugh.. thinking he was joking. But he then asked what I interpreted from the verse.  I thought for a moment about the meaning and responded with how spiritually packed that verse is if you understand the background, Lehi's experience of leaving Jerusalem, his silver, his gold, to follow faithfully the instruction of the Lord.  We talked about how the verse, if there is understanding and the spirit is so significant.  But it can be interpreted so many different ways.  I know that there is so much importance in unpacking every verse in the scriptures.  If we truly are studying we can find answers and truth in each verse.  I've been experiencing that.  I'm so grateful for the BOM. 
My favorite lesson of the day was the Noble family.  An entire beautiful family.  Sister expressed that since the missionaries had been teaching them their family has gotten along so much better.  There is more love and peace in their home.  I'm so looking forward to their progression and reciving the fulness of the gospel.  there is such a sweetness and spirit in their home.  This area really focusses on less actives.  Maraming sila.
I think sister Osumo is the easiest person to talk to. and the easiest person to teach with
Sister vicky sure asked me a lot of questions about marriage and boyfriends and so forth
Sister Osumo and I ate snails "..suck it and slurp is REALLY hard.." it was fun
I want to learn from Sister Passey how to be an incredible cook
I'm determined to work on my confidence in the language. just speaking it always. pero, all of a sudden this transfer I can understand everyone.. It just, happened.  Its the most amazing fun thing.  so blessed
I want to strengthen my teaching skills.
everyone comments on all of my object lessons :) I have picked up quite a few, I have always loved doing them because when I can't quite communicate what I want to, I figure a visual will help :)
Ivanne saw a picture of me from before my mission and asked what happened to my face..hahahhaa
Every thursday night we eat at the Dalalias.  Both the parents are doctors and they serve the best food I have ever had in my life. All the missionaries in the ward come.  Sister Passey and her companion Sister Peteru and the three Elders who are serving with us.  
This mission experience is so different.. the people are different here. very busy
I got rejected for the first time during an OYM haha
I never thought I would like the city, but I do.  I've learned it has nothing to do with where you are. Its all about the people.  I love sharing the message we have :) The ward is so strong.  I love it
The missionary couples from the MRC are in our ward.  I love it.
One of the Sisters thought I had been here a lot longer than I had and commented that I acted and spoke with the people like a Filipino, she said it was so obvious to see that I was happy here.  Which is the truth.  I love these people. I love my mission. life is good.

I love you family. so much

Sister Welling

My family away from home.


Joshy!!!!  A Joshua Jeepney:))

No comments:

Post a Comment