Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, June 2, 2014

A Day I Know I Will Never Forget!

WEEK TWENTY-NINE


This Thursday was a day I know I will never forget.  In Elder Ballards book, Our Search for Happiness, he shares of an experience he had while he was serving His mission in England.  He shares that he had just finished a conversation with a man about the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He felt the Spirit of the Lord with him as he testified... he talks about walking home along the shores of the Trent River.  I won't do his words any justice but he says, something along the lines.. that he was weary and yet happy and satisfied in the work.  He said that an overwhelming feeling of peace and understanding came over him.  he said that it was at that precise moment in time that he came to know that Jesus Christ knew him, that He loved him, and that He directed his missionary efforts.  He said, of course I'd always believed those things,  that they were even just in his testimony moments earlier to the man.  But somehow in that instant of what he realized was pure revelation, his belief turned into knowledge.  

I'm writing with a full heart and still a little bit of shaky hands as I tell you family, that I felt that I experienced that similar "pure revelation" this week, for myself.
Instead of walking home along the Trent River I was sitting in a small tahanan in the middle of a lesson with Nanay and Tatay Garcia.  
We had come to the lesson with the plan to teach the Law of Chastity.  But as we began the lesson and were asking questions Nanay began to open up about some real trials and hardships she was facing.
I felt the impression that the Garcia's needed something other than the lesson we had planned.  
Instead, I opened to 3 Nephi 17.  And we read together about the time Christ visited those individuals in the America's after His resurrection.
I love verse 9 "and it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask Him to tarry a little longer with them"
and then He did. He asked for each individual who was hurting, who needed healing to come unto Him.  and he healed each and every one.
In that small room looking into Nanay and Tatay's eyes I testified about my Savior and in that simple instant, the heat making my hair stick to my neck, having recieved three new masquito bites on my right leg. My belief of the love and the reality of my Savior turned into a sure knowledge.  I, in an instant, recieved the confirmation that my Savior was so aware of Maria and Roberto Garcia.  That my Savior was so aware of me.  
I've never felt the way I felt in that lesson before.. and sweet Maria and I cried for some time.  
I wish I could adequately put into words my experience and the love I feel for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  But I will do the best I can to testify through e-mail of His reality.  I have received my witness and it is something I will hold to my heart for forever, it has been written on my heart.  I know Jesus Christ knows each one of us personally, its not only a belief but a knowledge.  His love passes all of my understanding.  He is full of compassion, love, and mercy.  and each time we wish for Him to "tarry with us a little longer" He does.  I know He will never leave our side.  He will be there to heal, and to help us on our struggled mortal journey back home.  My Savior lives.  of this I testify, of this I know.

I love this gospel with absolutely everything I am.
I can relate to Elder Ballards expression of being so weary but satisfied and happy in the work.
I've never experienced a happiness like this before.
I wish I had the time to write down each and every miracle I experienced this week. oh how I wish.
We taught Sister Sarah the Law of Chastity, a woman who has been a lesbian for most of her life. She has lived with another woman for over six years.  She committed to live the Law of Chastity because she has received a confirmation of the truthfulness of this gospel, and the happiness it is bringing in her life
well she is struggling, but staying committed, because she is leaning on her Savior for strength. and learning that prayer is real, and to fight each thought, each weakness she prays to her Father for help.

Since my first transfer we have been working with the Garcia to get them to come to church, this Sunday they came. and during Sacrament meeting Sister Rowena and Maria kept expressing the warm, beautiful, happy feeling they were experiencing.

Naomie will be baptized this Saturday!

SO MANY MIRACLES I WISH I HAD MORE TIME.

remind me to tell you about the wheelchair- brother Roberto
remind me to tell you about Sister Morrell story with her helping me
I have so much to say 
but just know that I love you. and that I love being a missionary.  that I know my Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that they both live. and that they both love us.

with all the love in my heart,
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment