Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, March 17, 2014

All I could think of were my Sweet Grandmas



WEEK NINETEEN


I love these sweet kids!!!


Dear best friends:

My big brother is engaged?! I couldn't be happier for the happy couple.  I can't wait to finally get a big sister.  Congrats Drew and Katie!

Sometimes I wish I could just talk to my bros about missionary work- I can't wait for the day we can all sit down together and share our experiences.
Joshua you are a STUD MUFFIN!! How is he so big?! I loved the picture of him hitting his triple!! Its funny, one thing I really miss are sports.. Josh's games to be specific.  I miss cheering my little (not so little) man on.  Good Luck Miss Madelyn on your “Night to Remember” this week.  You and Mom will kill it in the danceJ

My new comp Sister Are and the Ignacio Family
I was a little nervous for the baptism of the Ignacio family, seeing that I didn't have Sister Sabiano there to help make sure everything ran smoothly.  It was all on me.  And so when we got there and the baptismal clothes had gone missing, or when the baptism was supposed to begin at 5:00 and the Ignacio family didn't walk in the doors until after 5:30, when one of the speakers didn't come.. Grabe, I was freaking out inside and trying to not show it.  Pero, not to worry, everything fell into place and when the meeting began I felt the calming effects of the spirit.  There's nothing quite like seeing people you love take such important steps in changing their lives and coming closer to the Savior. 
The Ignacio family....aren't they beautiful?!
When Sister Laarni got up to bear her testimony she stood right in front of me and looked at me the entire time. She was crying, I was crying.  She talked about never wanting to join the church before.  However, when she prayed to her Heavenly Father for a sign to help her family and us missionaries showed up on her doorstep that very day she knew it was an answer to her prayers.  Since that day she has been committed to her answered prayer.  She has completely commited herself to living the gospel and has set such a strong example for her family. I admire her strength and dedication. 
After the meeting Brother Julius Ignacio took me by the hands and thanked me for all that I've done for his family.  His sincere eyes made me cry (am I always crying? yes) I could only feel gratitude for my Heavenly Father for letting me be a part of this families conversion.

Yesterday, we taught a members Aunt.  She is 64 and has breast cancer.  She is currently going through chemo therapy.  The lesson was a little rough for me because as her soft hands held mine and her cute hat covered her bald head all I could think of were my sweet grandma's.  Her kindness and her faith was like nothing I had ever seen.  She told us that she knew with all of her heart that the Lord was aware of her.  She said that she knew God was giving her this trial and so she could draw nearer to him.  I was so touched by her words, her strength reminded me of my grandparents strength.   
So today in personal study I studied the nature of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.
I studied the importance of trials and hardships. and I loved what I found.
I was reminded that God created all things both in heaven and in earth, and that we are created after His image.  He created us.  He knows us personally, He knows what we need and what is best for us.  Man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend MSH 4:9; ISA 55:9 - His ways are greater than our ways.  Therefore, he knows a whole lot more than we do.  As we have faith and trust in Him and His plan for us, we will get to know Him better.  We will feel of His strength, His peace, and His love.

"It is in our weakness and extremity that God's power is fully felt.  Only when, of ourselves, we are helpless is His help truly appreciated." Elder Neal A. Maxwell
We fully appreciate God's power and strength only when we are helpless..

"Out of the refiner's fire can come a glorious deliverance.  It can be a noble and lasting rebirth.  The price to become acquainted with God will have been paid.  There can come a sacred peace."
Our God who knows us personally,  He will give us trying experiences.  I know that through these experiences is how we truly get to know Him.  How we get to know our Father and His Son.

"As you and I walk the pathway Jesus walked, let us listen for the sound of sandaled feet.  Let us reach out for the Carpenter's hand.  Then we shall come to know Him.. He speaks to us the same words, Follow thou me.  and sets us to the task which He has to fulfill for our time.  He commands, and to those who obey Him, whether they be wise or simple, He will reveal Himself in the toils, the conflicts, the sufferings that they shall pass through in His fellowship; and they shall learn by their own experience who He is."

I know that Nanay was completely right.  We are given trials and challenges so we can draw nearer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior.  I know this with all my heart. 

I love that I am a missionary at this time.  I know with all my heart that our Heavenly Father knows all things, and that He cares about the details of our life.  Each experience is for our learning, growing, and coming closer to Him.
It’s amazing to me that on each hard day, the days that it’s a bit of a battle to go out, those days are always the most rewarding. I find myself in lessons with people who need the gospel, who are searching for the foundation of our gospel.  I find myself learning from their faith and being taught completely by the spirit.  I feel the Lord teaching me at a higher level, especially while I'm struggling.  I know that His power and His love is real. 

The church is true and I love you all :) x874329847872638746. GIVE EVERYONE A BIG HUG FOR ME.
I'm praying for you!!!!!!! always.


Sis Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment