Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

There are Days when honestly I just can't stop Smiling:)

WEEK ELEVEN
 

My dear family,

It always surprises me just how quickly this day comes each week.  I want to begin with a big happy birthday eve shout out to my sweet Mom, I hope all of you give her extra hugs for me.  Make her feel really important and special because she really really deserves to be celebrated big time. She's the best Mom any of us could ever ask for.  She's the best human being.
First off  yes I am figuring out the food and I love it!  I make cheese sandwiches with tomatoes, fish, eggs and I make cabbage salads….and lots more of course the amazing fruit is my favorite!
I’ve been feeling great!  My stomach has been a little crazy the last few days and it makes me realize how blessed I’ve been this whole time!
The weather has been cooler..  Everyone here says it is so weird…this never happens.  It feels
So good!
Transfers are next week so I will be emailing a day later.  Yes I think I will be staying with Sister Sabiano (we better!)  I love her.  We had some really cool experiences this week during companionship inventory.  We talked about our strengths and weaknesses as a companionship and as individuals-we both cried as we expressed our love for each

other and our love for the work and how we have the same love and passion.  We push ourselves so hard.  We are just on the same page which is so nice.  She pushes me and expects a lot from me which is good.  She told me I came “Pre-trained”…it meant a lot.   It was just cool.
Zone interviews were awesome.  They went from 11-7.  I loved my interview with President Revillo.  He is such an amazing man.  He is so kind. We went out and had to talk to everyone we saw and share a Book of Mormon and share the gospel.  I was paired with Sister Jones…it was so much fun!  I LOVE Sister Jones she is wonderful!
We have a new investigator that I'm so excited about! He has come to sacrament meeting two weeks in a row (which is a big deal around here) and in our lessons he asks at least a million questions.  I love his thirst to know more and how he stops us every five minutes.  We just have to continue telling him.. we'll get to that.. we'll get to that :) ah he is so excited about the gospel and so willing and ready to accept it.  There is no doubt in my mind that he has been prepared- I'll keep you all posted with his progress.
This investigator, Brother Francisco, has inspired me to have the same thirst for knowledge.  Any spare time I can find (which is almost impossible to find) :) but during lunch or breakfast or what not I'm studying.  I'm forming such a deep love for the scriptures.  For my Preach My Gospel, I just want to soak everything up.  I want to take it all in and learn all that I can. I feel that study time never lasts long enough.  I feel so blessed to have this time in my life to study the gospel.  I had no idea all the things I was missing!
Sister Sabiano and I changed our way of planning .. we have some serious goals for this week with our investigators.. I'm going to take a picture of our wall.. which is almost nonexistent because it is covered with names and goals :) I love it.
We have so many investigators with accepted baptismal dates we're just trying to find a way to get them to keep their commitments, ah they know its true. We all know it.  We also found out this week that one of the families we have been teaching that accepted baptism, the parents aren't married.  Sooo we'll be holding a wedding it looks like- I'll be honest, I'm really excited :)
Okay, I might need to start getting a few questions from all of you, because I'm starting to sit down and draw blanks of the week- so if there is anything you'd like to know I would love to tell you about it!
But just know that I love each and every one of you.  and I absolutely love this gospel.  I love that its a gospel of change and that we get to change and improve every single day as we apply the Atonement.  I can't think of greater privileged or blessing.  I love this work family.
Its so hard.
But its so rewarding.
There are days when honestly I just can't stop smiling.
I can't believe I'm here..
I feel absolutely blessed to be a missionary, learning the things that I am.

I love you always family,
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment