Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, January 6, 2014

Missionary Work Brings the Highest Highs and the Lowest Lows!


WEEK NINE
Hello my sweet family,
Last Monday evening I wrote in my journal that I was afraid what the rest of the week would bring because I felt that nothing could compare to the happiness I felt that day.   I wrote that I had never felt such a raw happiness before.  Last Monday after the best lesson I have ever been apart of I was able to invite Sister Michelle to be baptized.. at first she responded she had already been baptized Catholic.  It made me a little nervous when my companion staid silent for me to respond.  I didn't think I knew what to say.  However, I was surprised as I opened my mouth and words came out.  I really couldn't even tell you what I said, but at the end of it I asked her again and she responded yes. 
I've told my companion a few times this week how incredible it is the love I feel for the people here, especially our investigators.  Honestly, sometimes I feel my heart might explode.  However, its hard to care so much because when they don't follow through with their commitments and so forth, gosh it hurts.  I just want these people to let the happiness and peace they feel from the gospel become a foundation and constant in their life.  I want them to convert and commit.

Missionary work brings the highest highs and the lowest lows.  Sitting at the chapel waiting for investigators who promised they would attend.. and before you know it you have been sitting by the doors for an hour.  But then as you sit in sacrament meeting a testimony is born and its exactly what you need to hear and you're reminded that a little disappointment is alright but we have so much to be grateful and happy about.  We have the gift of this incredible gospel, and so things really can't get that bad.

We had our training meeting this week. Sister Sabiano and I got the highest scores on the test and so we had to do demonstrate teaching in front of all the missionaries, those nametags really have a way of showing your nerves.....
However, to my surprise it was kind of fun.  We have a really cool unity when we teach and we're able to transition in and out and build on one another rather well.  I've been sooo blessed to have her as my trainer and I know it isn't normal to have a companion who you are so compatible with while teaching.  I wish I could keep her forever :)

I was a little startled when I found a few lizard's by my pillow the other night.. to which I asked my companion if we do anything about it.. she just laughed and said they're harmless. haha I think I might name the cute little guys if they're going to be staying with us :)

Okay family, I have found my weakness. Mango floats.. I can't wait to make them for you when I get home.
We ate like kings on New Years eve.. and then we were able to work off our meal by sprinting home because of the fireworks.. I felt like I was in a war zone.  Marami children with bombs (fireworks) terrifying. needless to say we didn't get much sleep that night.  It was sooo loud.
If I didn't know any better I would think my name is Barbie.. or Americano
Mom its corn season and I always think of you when I see it, you would be in heaven. Looks so good!

Please pray for the Calo family, Michelle, and Lea-- All accepted invitation to be baptized this week! :) pray that they'll attend church (in the Philippines they have to attend church 4 consecutive weeks in order to be baptized) pray that they'll keep their commitments.  They're all so amazing and have already been making so many incredible changes.. I just PRAY they continue and stay committed.
Also pray for Jira, Roberto, and Rowena, we'll be inviting them this week.. :)

I want you all to read Alma 24 this week.  verse 23 hit me so hard.. I felt so overwhelmed with emotion while reading... they praised God even in the very act of perishing under the sword.  How great their faith and their love for the Lord.  In the very act of dying they were praising Him.  I had to ask myself if I have been recognizing and expressing my gratitude for His hand in my life always. Even on the hard days, am I praising Him and appreciating Him? I have gained an even greater love for the scriptures.  Wow, I learn so much and I feel that I always read exactly what I need to hear.
I love you so much family.  really there are no words for just how much love I have for every single one of you.  I love our lessons on how the gospel blesses families because I get to testify of how this principle is so true.  I get to talk about my dear family and I'm reminded just how lucky I am to have you. and how lucky we are to have the gospel.  Keep being wonderful :)

Love Always,

Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment