Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Heart feels so crazy full of love and happiness for this work.



WEEK TEN
 Hello my sweet family!!

I tried chicken intestines this week!
I also got initiated into Uga Buga
Little kids taught me a million Tagalog tongue twisters
I taught them English tongue twisters
 - we all laughed for a long time because we were equally bad at both..
I ate CORN in honor of you mom. AMAZING! I’m bringing you here just
to try it..Sister Sabiano and I pray at nights we will find another stand..we
crave it!
Thank you Josh!  I wish I looked like these people…they are beautiful!
It has been a little cooler lately which has been so nice!  I mean I am still sweating:)
But my ice cold shower actually felt cold for the first time the other night…crazy.
Still trying to learn the language…but hey slow and steady wins the race…
Have I mentioned how much I love the people here?  This wonderful family fed us
last night.  I walked down the street after almost in tears with how much I love them.
They have so little and give SO MUCH.  So much love.  It was fun because I could mostly understand the conversation at dinner!!!:)) Makes it nice.

Well, as far as the work goes.. this week was a little disappointing.  A whole lot of commitments not kept, appointments canceled, investigators  who were working towards baptism deciding they wanted to stop hearing the lessons, so on and so forth.  Might as well take a knife and stab it in my heart why don't you? Agency.  Such a blessing and such a curse.
One night this week was particularly rough.  Sister Sabiano and I were walking trying to talk to anyone we could find after two hard appointments and then our plans, and back up plans falling through.  I think for the first time on my mission I realized just how heavy the bag hanging off my shoulder was.  ha but it was late, we were exhausted, and to be honest- I was so ready to call it a day. 
It was then we ran into a Lola and her two grandchildren, after getting to know her for a few moments she agreed to let us into her home to teach.  We began with a song like usual.  However, I'm embarrassed to admit, my thoughts were still elsewhere.
It wasn't until I heard the words "lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way.. I am a child of God" sung so loudly- and a little off tune by twelve year old Wacki and nine year old Yeshwa that I was brought right back to the moment.  The spirit hit me like a brick as I looked at those beautiful innocent faces repeating words of truth that are so dear to my heart.  I wanted nothing more than for them to know these truths for themselves.  To know that they too have a loving Heavenly Father who is so aware of them.  Who loves them more than any of us can comprehend.
Our Heavenly Father will always lead and guide us. 
He will help us find the way because all He wants is for us to return to Him. 
We are all children of God with a divine purpose and such a divine potential.  Through Him we can do all things. 
Through Him we can be filled with love and peace as we remember who we are, even if its been a really long hard day. 
Even if we're facing a trial that seems so unfair. 
Even the days we don't feel worthy of that love. 
His arms are always reached out towards us, waiting for us.
Living this gospel, and sharing this gospel, is the greatest blessing we have. 



My heart feels so crazy full of love and happiness for this work.  I know this gospel is true, and I know it is our responsibility to share it with those who don't know where to find it.
We are all children of God..  how lucky are we to have that enabling empowering knowledge.
Family, this gospel is true and I sure love you

Love always,
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment