Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, December 8, 2013

I'm Going To The Philippines!!



WEEK FIVE
To: those I love most
Wow, I must say your thoughtful letters from this week truly made my week so much better- a few of the best ones yet.  It was just another reminder that I've been blessed with the most incredible family.

I experienced yet another incredible week.  Last Saturday my companion and I had the opportunity to teach two Filipino women.  I'm unable to express how much this experience touched me.  I was so nervous about my Tagalog but surprisingly I understood almost everything that was said.  We shared a spiritual thought, our favorite scriptures, and our testimonies.  The woman said it was a little too incredible to believe that our Heavenly Father knows each of us personally.. I agreed that its something I can't even begin to understand.. yet, every time I've been on my knees and asked if He was listening, asked if He knew me,.. the spirit has surrounded me and His love has absolutely filled me.  I loved bearing testimony to this woman in my broken Tagalog.. the spirit was so powerful in that room.  It definitely made me excited to have those kind of teaching opportunities in the Philippines..  I can't say enough how much I love the Filipino people.  The women we taught were so sweet and kind.  The first woman, kept telling me that I looked and acted like a general authorities wife.. she told me that I would be one some day (husband wherever you are- hope you're ready) :/ ha She kept asking if I always smile so much.. (I think she was making fun of me) ha but she was so cute and repeated over and over that I'm going to fit right in in the Philippines- like I said, she was very kind.

As mom and dad know my companion and I have been called as Sister Training leaders.  Its been an awesome opportunity to get to know the other districts better.  Its also been a great opportunity of being put on the spot alll the time.  Its definitely preparing me for the field.  Just the other day my branch president pulled me out of my classroom to go in and teach about a two hour lesson to a group of new missionaries (one of the teachers couldn't make it).  I had to come up with things right then and there.  I hope the missionaries couldn't see my name-tag shaking because of how hard my heart was pounding.  However, everything ended up working out, the spirit did all the teaching, and in the end I felt good about it.  I've been asked to speak in two sacrament meeting tomorrow,  so once again, please pray for me. :)

We got our travel plans yesterday.. I leave next Monday.  I can hardly believe how quickly the time has gone by! wow.  I'm sure going to miss this place.  Who thought this day would ever actually come, I'm going to the Philippines!

I got to host on Wednesday- it tore at my heart a little to watch the missionaries say goodbye to their families.   But I loved speaking with the new missionaries!  I got asked to host the international missionaries-  such sweet Sisters.. I loved every minute of getting to know them.

People in the MTC still always tell me I look like that girl off of Vampire Diaries.. A sister asked if she could take a picture with me to show her sister.. I still don't see the resemblance but hey, it was cool to feel famous for 42 seconds.

Tatay in Tagalog means old man as well as Father.. and so Daddy you'll never know just which one I'm calling you when I get home :)

I love our new district! We have an Elder from New Zealand, Australia, Kirabus (sp?).. Sisters from Kirabus, Micronesia, and the Marshal Islands.. and then plenty from the states.  Its amazing how quickly you get to know and love people around here.  I'm so happy to have them with us.

I saw Christian Taylor-- so good to see a familiar face :)

There was a promise given in a talk this week that if we serve faithful, obedient missions that our families, and friends- the people we love most- their lives will be richly blessed.  I can't think of anything I want more that the greatest blessings and happiness for all of you.  It was the most beautiful promise and I want you to know I will strive to be that kind of missionary every day, not only for my Savior, but for all of you.

I love this gospel, with everything I am.  I promise you that this gospel is a gospel of happiness.  We have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us personally, and is waiting to bless us if only we ask.  He cares about the details of our lives and is always waiting to reach out His hand to provide comfort, love, and direction.  This church is true.
 I know it, I live it, I love it.
I sure love all of you, never forget it.  You're in my prayers always.

Love always,
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment