Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, December 23, 2013

I Adore My Companion

WEEK SEVEN

 Hello my beautiful family!!

Okay, so today isn't supposed to be my p-day..it'll be Thrusday this week because that's when temple day is.  But they gave us permission to email our parents to tell you when we'll skype!

I will skype 9AM on the 26th here.. which will be Christmas evening for you, 6:00.. 7:00? I wish I had more information to make it completely clear... but I don't!  But I have complete faith in my papa to figure everything out :) just know I'm skyping from the Philippines at 9AM on the 26th :) so hopefully you don't have plans Christmas night and can talk to me!!(We laughed at this comment...we would move heaven and earth to talk to this missionary:)))

Oh my heavens I have so much to tell you all.  Its hard to even know where to begin. 
I have experienced just about everything, every emotion, every joy, every sickness, every excitement, everything! in these few short days.  

There was a talk given by (I think) Elder Nelson where he speaks of his first days as a missionary. He had just gotten to France and was sent on a train by himself to his area, he thought he had learned French in the MTC but learned quickly he couldn't understand nor speak a word.  He said he remembered sitting on that train and thinking to himself "what have I gotten myself into" 
..My thoughts were very similar to  Elder Nelsons my first night here. :) It might have been the jetlag talking, the three days of no sleep, the fact I was starving at as grocery store but I had no idea what was even food or what wasn't, the fact that the three sisters I was with weren't speaking a word of English, I was confused.. exhausted.. soo tired.. and just wanted to cry.

Before you start worrying mom! the next day was so so much better.  I can't even put into words how  big I was smiling inside as I sat on a dirt mound and bore my testimony to a woman whose house wasn't any bigger than our bathroom.. or as I was being whipped around dirt roads in a little side cart pulled by a man on a motorcyle type vehicle.. or as I ate the best apple I had ever tasted in my life (if I wasn't already an apple snob.. I'm doomed now) yum! I just keep asking myself how in the world is this my life?  

I adore my companion.  I spend so long in my prayers thanking my Heavenly Father that he put us together.  Its so cool she told me she kept having dreams about her anak- the sister she would train first in September- but I didn't show up.. then in October... still nothing but now here we are :) She is FIlipino and so kind and honestly I could not sing her praises enough

I wish I could tell you everything but I have to go!! I'll tell you about my glorious last few days hahahaha on Christmas.

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk to you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment