Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, December 14, 2013

I'm Going To Miss This Place

WEEK SIX




Hello my dear family!
I'm sorry I'm going to be short today- there is just so much to do! and I figured I'll be talking to you shortly and give you the rundown :) 
But this week was so amazing, I just can't believe- honestly, can't believe that I'm leaving the MTC on Monday.

I'm going to miss this place.
I'm going to miss all four of the Sisters in my room rolling out of bed and onto our knees simultaneously at the first beep of the alarm- knowing very well if we didn't respond quickly we'd never get out of bed.
I'm going to miss sitting at the very furthest table away with my zone every breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Playing "what are the odds" (everyone adds there leftover food into a drink, or soup, anything to mix it all up and then we challenge one another to eat it-- I have eaten some really impressively disgusting things- preparing my stomach for the Philippines :))
I'm going to miss walking into our either freezing cold or burning hot classroom every single morning and beginning with a, half asleep,Tagalog hymn completely off key.  We never finished the songs because we would begin laughing too hard.
I'm going to miss choir, the instructor was incredible and made every song we sang a spiritual experience.





I'm going to miss gym time, always competing with the Elders of who could do the most sit-ups, or hold a plank the longest, push-ups etc.. (I want you all to know I really held my own)
I'm going to miss my long hot showers at night singing Christmas songs, really, I'm just going to miss showers in general :)
I'm going to miss lying out all of our blankets and all of the treats and food we received in the middle of the floor and telling our favorite stories until lights out.
I'm going to miss sitting in the laundry room, being serenaded  by all the islander Elders, I imagine heaven sounding similar.
I'm going to miss our Sunday and Tuesday devotionals, it was amazing how every talk seemed to be exactly what I needed.  I always learned so much.
I'm going to miss being in an environment where I could feel the spirit at every moment.

...I have to go but I'll be back. Love you

(She never came back to finish her letter:) Just a quick note answering a few questions  and saying she loved the YUMMY treats sent by the Beyers and Aunt Lisa:)...I am sure she is busy preparing to leave early Monday morning for the Philippines!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment