Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Week One




Kumasta po kayo!?

How are you doing my dear family? I want to start by saying all your letters and packages have meant the world to me.  Seriously, I have the best family and friends in the world- what did I do to deserve such incredible people in my life? Thank you for taking the time and for all the support!  IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME

I made sure to write my first night, and so you could know I was alive and well, did it make it to you?

This place is incredible.  Its true what they say about being on the Lords' time because honestly you don't have time to think about yourself- or anything else for that matter.  Your time is scheduled down to the very second.  I had no idea it was even possible to fit so much into a day. But to be honest, I love it. I love that my planner is completely packed every single moment of every single day :)  The other thing they say about days feeling like weeks is definitely true as well.  Time is the strangest thing around here, I already feel like I've been gone for at least two months.  My days are so long but so fulfilling.  I love getting back to my room after a long day and lying in my bed knowing that I worked my heart out.  Hard work brings happiness (this work brings just about every other emotion as well) :) but I couldn't ask for more.

I have the most amazing district. We balance each other out perfectly.  
I already wrote about my companion, but I truly adore her.  Like I said, we couldn't be more different- but I think we're good for each other.  I like having a best friend that isn't allowed to get sick of me ;) She really likes to talk, and I really like to listen...so it is perfect.  The better I get to know her the more I appreciate and love her-- so like I said, I'm constantly asking questions.

The teachers here bring the most amazing spirit.  My teacher Brother Poole is the best teacher I've ever had.  I really appreciate all he teaches and the spirit he brings to every single lesson.
I already want to teach here when I get back.... :) ha I'm SUCH a missionary cliche.
But all the staff is amazing.  The whole system of teaching here leaves me in awe.  

The first day you walk into your classroom and all you hear is Tagalog, and the teacher only speaks and responds in Tagalog.  My language is the most beautiful language I'm telling you.  

We taught our first investigator last night, I managed to say hello- how are you doing.. MAYBE two other sentences.. and then I just sat and smiled the rest of the time.  It was cool.  I figured I can only improve right?  That's the nice thing about starting at the bottom.

I live in the LeGrand Richards building :) how perfect? yes.  I smile every time we go inside and I see his picture.  And every day we leave I tell him I'm going to make him proud :)  

It was the best thing in the entire world to see Lexie the other day, she is such a good friend- always taking care of me.  She had already bought me a clip for my name-tag that makes things so convenient.  Honestly, what would I do without her? I also saw Michaela Jensen- she is a doll.  She is doing so well, it was nice to see her so happy! She leaves this week for New York.

I've never prayed so much in my entire life.  I feel my thoughts are just one continual prayer.  
I already have bruises on my knees :/ but then again, I bruise very easily...

I adore my Branch Presidency.  The Branch President's wife reminds me so much of Grandma Brown, even the way she looks.  I almost lost it when she was hugging me and saying all these sweet things to me.  

I feel like I'm in a different world,  I don't think I could ever properly explain this place- you could only understand it by experiencing it.  Today we walked up to the temple.. leaving the gates was the strangest feeling- safe to say we took the long way there.. and the long way home :)  I wanted to spend the rest of the day in the temple.  Its amazing how you can receive every answer in that white perfect building, even answers to questions you didn't even know you had.  No place compares.

On Thursday my companion had to use the restroom and so I sat outside the doors and waited.  As I sat there I heard a class being held on each side of me.  Both in two completely different languages-- and then I heard down the hall, a group of Elders singing "Until we Meet Again" in yet another language.  
I feel that my thoughts at that particular moment sums up my missionary experience fairly well up to this point.
I didn't understand a single word being said.  
Everything here is going through my mind in a different language (even the things being spoken in English) yet, the spirit that fills my heart is completely clear and overwhelming.  All I can think is how incredible this work is.  I'm apart of a movement.  This army of missionaries all bottled up in Provo, Utah- waiting to strike. :) I feel like just a number- I can't help but wonder what the Lord's purpose is for me.  I am blessed and absolutely happy and honored to be on His errand.  I know I can't do this without Him.  I pray for the strength to become the missionary He wants me to be :)

I love you guys more than anything.  Honestly.  I wouldn't be out here if it weren't for you incredible people, I want people to have what we do.

I'm praying for you always.

I love you!!!

Love,
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment