Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Week Three


WEEK THREE

Hello you wonderful people!
I honestly cannot believe another p day is here, didn't I just write yesterday?  Time is the strangest thing around here- there's no way to explain it.
Yes, your package arrived and I loved it-obviously:) once again, it arrived just when I needed it, please tell me how you do it?!
To answer the question about my knees- I had the aching, acute, throbbing, and sharp.. haha but honestly they're doing sooo much better.  I've been doing the bike at gym and then I do a few balancing and strengthening exercises, and I ice afterwards.  I'm not allowed to meet with the physical therapist without a doctors note but they help me with the ice and everything still. 
My knees were acting up last week but the elders gave me a blessing on Tuesday and since then I've barely noticed my knees at all :)
The air freshener is amazing!! Thank you thank you. 
Do you mind sending a few more clemintines, warm socks, and a zip up sweatshirt..? None of which are a priority- just if you have time :) everything you have sent has been absolutely perfect perfect perfect.  I really loved those caramel chocolate things.... :) heaven on earth.
This week really flew by and I hope that the next three weeks slow down a little because I have a whole lot to learn to still! 
I was thinking this week just how amazing it is that by 10:30 am (usually the time I was finishing breakfast at home) I have already showered, gotten ready for the day, eaten, had scripture study, had language study, and language coaching with our teacher- its amazing all we fit into a day- right?
The language is difficult for me and I just want to know it - but I'm working hard at it- that's for sure. Its such a beautiful language and its so simple, all the grammar principles just make sense, I love the language and I can't wait to be teaching in it :)

I started the Book of Mormon over and I want to finish it before I leave the MTC, I write down everything I read that I feel will help me with the language and help me be a better missionary and teacher- and all I can think is how did I not see these things before!?  Every day I read exactly what I need and it has become such a highlight.  I loved in 1 Nephi 8 where Lehi talks about walking around in the dreary darkness and then afterwards partaking of the sweet fruit.  I bet that fruit wouldn't have tasted as sweet if he hadn't been struggling and looking in the darkness beforehand.  I know that struggle leads to the sweetest of all fruit :) I love the way the Lord works. All we are asked to do is trust in Him and have pananampalataya (faith) :) 
I love it here, I love it I love it.  I can't even put into words how much I love putting on the black name tag every morning.  I am so blessed and I am reminded of that every single day.
I love you sweet family and am praying for you individually everyday.  Your letters mean so much to me and I read them over and over.  I AM SO BLESSED to call you mine. 
I hope all is well
Love you always,
Sister Jenna Elizabeth Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment