Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, March 9, 2015

Transfers


Hello to my dear family,

Good-bye to my dear friend Sister Chidester
what a week it has been! so many changes.

march 4-

There is something about the end of the day, sitting in a quiet bedroom, eyes heavy, knees and ankles pounding with fatigue, scriptures resting upon my lap and pen and paper in hand.  A time of reflection, revelation, and meditation.  These moments are so few and far between.. that I savor each precious second.

Sister Fullerton and I walked a lot today, in true missionary fashion.  We saw cars pull into driveways, heard conversations being had behind doors, saw individuals peak out their blinds, heard T.V.s blaring.. and out of the sixteen homes, only one door opened for us.  dang it. Yet, I continued to feel tireless in the work.  I knew I was gaining God's trust as we continued faithfully pounding our bruised knuckles :)

Sister Humphrey's drove from Macon to assist us in the work today.  A returned missionary, mother of five, caring for her in-laws, she came to pick us up thirty minutes late apologizing she said that her husband was unexpectedly called into work, and her mother had been in the E.R. all night-- so she was figuring out a babysitter for the kids.  Still, Sister Humphrey's came, still she drove us around for two hours and shared her testimony in the lessons.  I want to be more like that.

We taught M the Word of Wisdom. I prepared a lot for the lesson.. knowing she had told lots of stories about her alcohol.. how much she loved her tea and coffee.. , I was prepared and a little anxious to what her response would be to this new know





ledge, new commandment.  Well, we walked into her home and Sister Humphrey's and M hit it off right from the get go-- having children similar ages.  We began teaching and expounding on the word of wisdom- Sister Humphrey's bore a beautiful testimony of the blessings she has seen from living this law.  She talked a lot about how it had blessed her family-- she has nothing to pull her away from being a mother- no addictions.  It was so inspired to have her there
M stopped us in the middle of the discussion and said she stopped drinking coffee and tea a few weeks ago.  She used to drink them daily.. but just had a feeling she should stop, that it would be better on her health.  OKAY.
I have such a testimony that God prepares his children.



ugh I have so so much I want to talk about. So much, but no time :(
My new companion Sister Fullerton

I love Sister Fullerton! I am already learning a lot from her-- she doesn't have a lot to say in lessons, but when she speaks I love how genuine it is.  She is very childlike and that's such a Christlike attribute.  I am enjoying working with her

Its going to be a challenging transfer.. but I know I am going to learn a whole lot.

I have had the most incredible week already.  I have never been so exhausted in my life.

PLEASE EVERYONE REREAD SAFETY FOR THE SOUL.  we read this with an investigator last night and I was the one reading it, I wasn't expecting it to hit me as strongly as it did, but I just cried.. and cried.
my testimony was reconfirmed.  Of the prophet Joseph Smith, of the Book of Mormon, of the Church.

I KNOW IT IS TRUE.

Sometimes its hard.. inviting people to come to the true church, in a little rented out conference building.  with just a handful of people.  when there are big beautiful churches on every corner.. full of people.  How could our church be Christ's church? 
I feel connected to the first saints of the church.  united with them in their faith.  How could anyone deny the spirit felt in those little meetings? the faith of the members.  THE FAITH OF THE CONVERTS. (Wayne gave his first talk this week and it was beautiful.  SO BEAUTIFUL. ) h

his mother committed to baptism this week! and progressing so well.

I know that from small and simple things great things are brought to pass

I know this church is true with all of my heart, I wish I could help you feel it through this email.

We are apart of Christ's work, something so glorious.  
The First Relief Society in our Group!!
I thank my Heavenly Father every day for giving me this opportunity....

sorry this is so scattered..


I love you so much
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment