Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Hello my dear family!
Unfortunately the AP's have my camera so I will not be able to send pictures until next week-- so be looking forward to them then :)
We spent last Monday with the entire district at the Indian mounds, we spent the day taking way too many pictures, hiking the mounds, and enjoying one anothers company.  It was a beautiful day and so much fun to see a little more of Georgia!
Today are transfers and Sister Chidester will be leaving Forsyth.  I will miss her dearly!  I have learned so much from her and know we will be life long friends.  

Feb. 24
"Today was so special to me.  It was our last District Meeting before transfers.  Elder Kobbah, our district leader, asked us all to bear our testimonies.  President and Sister Cottle surprised us by joining our meeting and added their powerful testimonies.  Elder Byingtons testimony really touched me.  He goes home tomorrow.  He stood and cried expressing how torn apart he feels to be leaving his mission.  He has such a profound love for our Savior and for the people of the south.
A common theme in each testimony born was love and change.  I am so grateful for my Savior who is the epitome of love and made it so each individual can change and become better.
President and Sister Cottle paid for us all to eat at Smoking Pig.  Sister Lackey (an elderly member in our ward who loves the missionaries and we are kind of like her granddaughters) ha drove Sister Chidester and I there and frightened us a bit as she went and drove into the oncoming traffic in the round-a-bout.  but we made it there in one piece! (always appreciate your prayers for my safety-- I need them ;)) The food at lunch was delicious and the company even better.  Our server was one that we had had before.  She told President and Sister Cottle that last time we had come in she was having the absolute worst day and we were her last table.  She said in serving us it completely turned her day around.  She went home and couldn't stop talking about her last table.  President and Sister Cottle invited her to receive the missionary discussions in their home and she accepted happily saying she has been looking for a church, and she wants some of the happiness that she sees in all of us.
I have a testimony that a little kindness goes a long way.  I hope to never pass up the opportunity to lighten someones load or brighten their day.  We never know who Heavenly Father put in our path, counting on us to help Him care for His child.
Elder and Sister Cole are couple missionaries that serve with us in Forsyth.  They go out to teach with us each Tuesday evening- I love it and always look forward to it. 
Did Grandma and Grandpa Brown ever go out with the missionaries to teach?
But the four of us went to teach Wayne and Shirley, and of course during the most spiritual part of the lesson their new furniture arrived-- couches and recliners and all were delivered, the baby started crying and things got super chaotic.  I love missionary life.
I read a talk this week that I loved and it reminded me of experiences that I have gone through-- because at this point in my life there has been time after time that my plans haven't really gone as planned- In the talk it said-
"No one likes having to resort to "plan B".  But even when our plans fall through, Heavenly Father does not abandon His children.  There are multiple good ways for life to work our.  In time, we may even find that the roadblocks that changed our plans gave us needed insight and experience D&C 122:7 -- and led to something better"
the period of waiting is not merely the process that we must go through to get what we want.  Rather it is a process by which we become who our Heavenly Father wants us to be through changes we make
...sometimes "plan B" is simply a way of making His "plan A" a reality.
I loved that.  I feel that I am living the Lords "plan A" for me.. even though it was my "plan...D" ha I feel so grateful for His hand in my life and that I am here serving in Forsyth Georgia at this time.  It is the sweetest blessing.
The Gospel is TRUE and I LOVE YOU
Love Always,
Sister Welling


Since Jenna didn't send any pictures this week I thought I'd throw two in from when she was serving in the Philippines.  The cute sister with her became one of her dearest friends and recently completed her mission and is now engaged!  Jen loves her:)) Congrats Mykol!
Sister Morrell and Sister Welling at the Manilla Temple, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment