Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world!

WEEK TWENTY-SIX
Journal entry May 3

Today.. medyo mahirap.  Thoughts of home and wanting to be there.  I felt discouraged and exhausted.  I prayed and prayed for a change of heart.  My merciful Heavenly Father heard my prayer.. Just about every appointment we set.. it fell through.  And so I took that as a sign that the Lord wanted us somewhere else.  So I tried my best to be as sensitive as possible to any prompting.  I felt the Lord put us exactly where we needed to be.  We sat on the side of the road texting investigators trying to make appointments when a tricycle driver and I got talking.  He wanted some of the pamphlets that I was holding.  I learned that he was a husband and a father.  Whose life had been very difficult.. sobrang mahirap he kept repeating.  He works all day everyday just to try to get enough money to take home to his wife and daughter.  As I explained the contents found in our pamphlets- I bore my testimony to him.  That our message has the power to change his life.  Sure, it won't take each mahirap thing away.  However, it will absolutely strengthen him and he can receive the help and strength he needs through our message.  I poured out my heart to him in just about all the tagalog words I could muster up.  I wanted him to feel and know the message I was sharing was true.  and was especially for him.  
We then made our way to an investigators home- Brother Rodellio, to find him gone working.  His wife's mother let us in to their small home, that barely fit the three of us.  We sat on the floor next to this sweet frail woman as she told us with shaky hands about her life.  She was fourteen years old during WWII when the Japanese invaded the Philippines.  She watched as the soldiers would beat her mother.. relentlessly.  At the age of seventeen she moved to Manila alone to find any kind of work.  She worked in a home and the man who lived there would beat her whenever he returned home and felt that her work had not been done well enough.  She married, had eight children, and then lost her husband.  She would stay up all through the night ironing clothes to provide for them.  One by one each child left her, and to this day she only has contact with the youngest- whom she lives with.
This woman attended church with us Sunday, with the only money she had.

Tonight was a night that I fell to my knees and spent a long time down there.  I prayed with a humbled heartbroken and grateful heart.  I am so grateful to be in the Philippines serving these people. These people who teach me through their kindness love and circumstances everyday.  I have every reason to be happy and grateful in every moment.  I am being taught lessons every moment of every day that will change my life forever.  and I pray it will bless others lives forever.  The plan of Salvation is more than just some chart of where we came from - where we're going- different kingdoms.  It is a plan of happiness from a loving Heavenly Father of how each of His children can find strength and purpose in this life.  How they can know exactly who they are and who they can become.  Its a plan made possible because of His son, our Brother, and loving Redeemer.  

“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
“And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities” (Alma 7:11–12).

Thus, the Savior has suffered not just for our sins and iniquities—but also for our physical pains and anguish, our weaknesses and shortcomings, our fears and frustrations, our disappointments and discouragement, our regrets and remorse, our despair and desperation, the injustices and inequities we experience, and the emotional distresses that beset us.

There is no physical pain, no spiritual wound, no anguish of soul or heartache, no infirmity or weakness you or I ever confront in mortality that the Savior did not experience first. In a moment of weakness we may cry out, “No one knows what it is like. No one understands.” But the Son of God perfectly knows and understands, for He has felt and borne our individual burdens. And because of His infinite and eternal sacrifice (seeAlma 34:14), He has perfect empathy and can extend to us His arm of mercy. He can reach out, touch, succor, heal, and strengthen us to be more than we could ever be and help us to do that which we could never do relying only upon our own power. Indeed, His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

The unique burdens in each of our lives help us to rely upon the merits, mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah (see 2 Nephi 2:8). I testify and promise the Savior will help us to bear up our burdens with ease (seeMosiah 24:15). As we are yoked with Him through sacred covenants and receive the enabling power of His Atonement in our lives, we increasingly will seek to understand and live according to His will. We also will pray for the strength to learn from, change, or accept our circumstances rather than praying relentlessly for God to change our circumstances according to our will. We will become agents who act rather than objects that are acted upon (see 2 Nephi 2:14). We will be blessed with spiritual traction.

-Elder Bednar.


I truly love this work. I truly love this people. and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world.  I wish there were words to articulate how full my heart feels. with this gospel, with gratitude, with humility, with amazement, with love.  


this gospel is TRUE and i love all of you 
Love Always,
Sister Welling

ps. Naomie accepted the invitation to be baptized yesterday.. she knows with all of her heart that Joseph Smith was a prophet.. she knows the Book of Mormon is true.. Her spirit is so strong.. she has received answers to each prayer and you should hear some of the dreams she has had.. wow wow.. continue to keep her in your prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment