Love Always, Sister Welling

Love Always, Sister Welling
"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears, & set you & your families free. That is my missionary promise to you & your missionary message to the world" — Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Dream Week!



This week was a week I would like to title “every missionary’s dream”.
We have been meeting daily with an investigator named  S. .  He is preparing to baptized on May 16th
When we met S he was smoking and drinking a beer on his front porch and we began talking to him.  He expressed a sincere desire to know Christ better and to know where “his church was”.  We promised that would could help him find the answers to his questions.
Yesterday he came to church for the second time.  He listened to three beautiful testimonies be born then he marched right up to the pulpit.  He said something along the lines “ This is my second time here. I am so grateful for the amazing women who have been teaching me. I love Jesus. And I love the Book they gave me.  I love this church and you’re going to be seeing a lot more of me. AMEN.”
S participated and asked questions in the remainder meetings and the ward members just wrapped their arms around him.  He was telling members about all that he has been reading in the Book of Mormon (he is already through 2 nephi- he was telling the visitors how he met us and how his life has already made a 180). He was kind of like a celebrity at church.
That evening he accompanied us to dinner at the Hyer’s home.  An incredible family in the ward- they have a son who just left for his mission and two darling girls.  We ate dinner together and then gathered in their living room for a family night lesson where we taught S the Law of Chastity.  It was the sweetest experience being in the home of this incredible family.  S was able to feel the spirit in the home and watching the entire family interact was evidence enough of the blessings that come from living and honoring the Law of Chastity.  Brother and Sister Hyer talked about the strength it has given to their marriage and the girls told Stuart how it has helped them at school and in their relationships.  The spirit did all the teaching and when we invited Stuart to live the Law of Chastity he smiled and said “of course”.
On Saturday morning we met with D for our appointment.  His eyes were glazed and it was apparent he had been drinking.  Still, we sat down on the grass in the park and talked to him.  Looking in his eyes it hurt my heart.  I kept thinking about our Savior’s teachings… it’s the sick who are in need of the physician.  I kept feeling the love our Savior had for this broken, struggling man.  We introduced the Book of Mormon to D and assured him of the direction and peace he could find within the pages.  –he came to church yesterday and said that it was so peaceful, he said he felt the same peace and goodness he gets when he prays.
Our Zone Conference was incredible.  Elder and Sister Zwick as well as President and Sister Cottle gave the exact messages I needed to hear.  The spirit that was there was tangible. 
Some highlights--
-when we taught S the Plan of Salvation this week he responded “I’ve never learned this before, but somehow it all feels so familiar to me”.  Stuart shed tears when we taught about the need of a Savior and His eternal sacrifice for each of us.
-Sister Lunt and I trying to push our car out of the mud.. heels.. skirts.. and all.  Being completely covered in mud having to take off our shoes. Then not having time to clean up we gave ourselves a water bottle shower in the parking lot of a gas station. 

-giving away three book of Mormon’s on Friday.  All to investigators who asked for a second copy because Lala wanted to give a copy to her mom.. and S wanted to give his copy to a struggling friend.. and D wanted a copy for her teenage daughter.  I love that they already have a love for that special book that they have the desire to share it.  The joy of the gospel is contagious.  I love that these individuals immediate response to the joy and peace of the gospel is to share it with those that they love.  Isn’t missionary work the best? J
- we’ve been having a few lessons in Spanish……Astrid comes with us and translates.  I always just resort to Tagalog (oops) so then no one understands me J

Okay there is a TON more. But limited time
I love being a full-time missionary.  It is the sweetest gift.  I have been able to know my Savior better than I ever have before as I have seen others get to know Him.  It has touched my life in ways I am unable to articulate.  I know that obedience to the commandments makes life so much simpler and sweeter. 
I love this gospel, and I love my Savior Jesus Christ
the gospel is true and I sure love you
Sister Welling

No comments:

Post a Comment